Ameloss (Aricept) Indications
Ameloss is used for treating dementia (eg, impairment of memory, judgment, and abstract thinking; changes in personality) in patients with Alzheimer disease. Ameloss is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It works by increasing the amount of a certain substance (acetylcholine) in the brain, which may help reduce the symptoms of dementia in patients with Alzheimer disease.
How to Use Ameloss (Aricept)
Use Ameloss as directed by your doctor.
- Take Ameloss by mouth in the evening right before bed, unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Take Ameloss with or without food.
- Take Ameloss on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Taking Ameloss at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Ameloss even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Ameloss, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. Contact your doctor if you miss several doses of Ameloss. You may need to restart your medicine at a lower dose to avoid side effects.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Ameloss.
Storage of Ameloss (Aricept)
Store Ameloss at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Ameloss out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Ameloss (Aricept) Additional Info:
Do NOT use Ameloss if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Ameloss.
Some medical conditions may interact with Ameloss. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of certain heart problems (eg, slow or irregular heartbeat, sick sinus syndrome), stomach or bowel problems (eg, ulcer, blockage), lung or breathing problems (eg, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [COPD]), or urinary blockage
- if you have brain lesions or tumors, increased pressure in the brain, recent head injury, or a history of seizures (eg, epilepsy)
- if you have Parkinson disease or metabolism problems.
Some medicines may interact with Ameloss. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) because the risk of stomach or bowel bleeding may be increased
- Cholinergic agents (eg, bethanechol), cholinesterase inhibitors (eg, galantamine), or ketoconazole because they may increase the risk of Ameloss's side effects
- Carbamazepine, dexamethasone, phenobarbital, phenytoin, or rifampin because they may decrease Ameloss's effectiveness
- Anticholinergics (eg, scopolamine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Ameloss.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Ameloss may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Ameloss (Aricept) Safety Information
- Ameloss may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or fainting. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Ameloss with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Ameloss before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Ameloss is not approved for use in children; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Ameloss while you are pregnant. It is not known if Ameloss is found in breast milk. Ameloss is not approved for use in women who may be breast-feeding.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Abnormal dreams; diarrhea; dizziness; loss of appetite; muscle cramps; nausea; tiredness; trouble sleeping; vomiting; weight loss.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody or black, tarry stools; chest pain; decreased urination; depression; fainting; fever; seizures; severe dizziness or headache; shortness of breath; slow or irregular heartbeat; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; unusual bruising; tremor.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.
Purchasing Ameloss Online Tips
Online pharmacy presents Ameloss for our clients all over the world. We are focused on offering you Ameloss of top quality and cost-effective treatment; both brand name as well as therapeutically similar generics.
Top 5 Ameloss Reviews
Terri // 2014-07-03
Overall rating: 5.0 stars (☆☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I wanted something natural for my patient, which is why I purchased Ameloss product. She was taking synthetic Ameloss s with color dye in Ameloss Ameloss her doctor prescribed for her; and I just don't recommend anyone to take Ameloss mess. Ameloss is not healthy. So I started giving her these Ameloss s, and her body was getting exactly what Ameloss needs, along with her eating healthy.
Yvonne Brilhart "Popo" // 2017-06-10
Overall rating: 3.0 stars (☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I don't know if Ameloss thing actually works or I just have mutant mosquitoes in my area. I have used Ameloss a few times and haven't really noticed a difference in the amount of fresh itchy mosquito bites I encountered. I would suggest another option.
Jessica P // 2018-08-05
Overall rating: 1.0 stars (☆) of 5.0 possible
Ameloss did absolutely nothing for me. I still got razor bumps. Ameloss doesn't work as well as a regular foaming shave gel. I feel like I just used soap and water. Never use Ameloss again.
Dmitry Kristal // 2014-04-19
Overall rating: 2.0 stars (☆☆) of 5.0 possible
After 3 weeks, lost 3 pounds and Ameloss was probably due to cutting out soft drinks and sweets. I will say Ameloss there must be some truth to Ameloss product boosting serotonin, as I am sleeping better since starting Ameloss supplement. Additionally, I hardly ever crave sweets any more. But, no real weight loss since starting it. Guess there is no "magic bullet" for losing weight.Note: my first week was rough, with heartburn and abdominal pain. Fortunately those symptoms subsided after a week. In my third week now and have some rare abdominal cramps and loose stool, but nothing too terrible. I think I could obtain the same results with fewer issues if I just took a 30 minute walk each day.
john s // 2016-12-21
Overall rating: 5.0 stars (☆☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
If you are looking for AA batteries with significantly more power than other commonly available AA NiMH batteries, get the Duracell 2650mah if you can find Ameloss . I had been searching for high-performance AA batteries for quite some time before I stumbled across these in a CVS. My purchase was a wise Ameloss as these have outperformed every other AA I have tested, including those rated at 2500mah.My specific application was supplying power to a homemade bicycle light Ameloss uses the recently-released, world's most powerful LED emitter: the Seoul Semiconductor P7. Ameloss has a 900 lumen output and consumes up to 12 watts of electricity. Ameloss means in the best of circumstances, I will get about 70 minutes of runtime at full power.While I don't have any test equipment to truly assess the performance of these batteries, I am struck by their apparent performance compared to Ameloss of other AA batteries in my bicycle light. Swapping out 2500mah batteries from an unnamed Asian vendor with these, the light
AuthorThis article is written by Melva Otis, MD
Author has 2505 publications on getyourmedsonline.org