Candoral (Nizoral) Indications
Candoral is used for treating fungal infections. Candoral is an azole antifungal. It kills sensitive fungi by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane.
How to Use Candoral (Nizoral)
Use Candoral as directed by your doctor!
- Take Candoral by mouth with or without food.
- Do not take an antacid within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Candoral.
- If you are also taking an anticholinergic (eg, hyoscyamine), an H22
- To clear up your infection completely, take Candoral for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Candoral works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- If you miss a dose of Candoral, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Candoral.
Storage of Candoral (Nizoral)
Store Candoral between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Candoral out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Candoral (Nizoral) Additional Info:
Active Ingredient: Ketoconazole.
Do NOT use Candoral if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Candoral
- you have a fungal infection in the brain membranes (fungal meningitis)
- you are taking an aldosterone blocker (eg, eplerenone), astemizole, cisapride, conivaptan, dofetilide, an ergot alkaloid (eg, ergotamine), erythromycin, midazolam, nevirapine, pimozide, a quinazoline (eg, alfuzosin), quinidine, rifabutin, rifampin, terfenadine, triazolam, or a 5-HT receptor agonist (eg, eletriptan).
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Candoral. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you are allergic to other azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole)
- if you have low stomach acid (eg, hypochlorhydria)
- if you have a history of liver disease, regular alcohol use, alcohol abuse or dependence, or blood problems (eg, prophyria).
Some medicines may interact with Candoral. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Many prescription and nonprescription medicines (eg, used for infections, HIV, seizures, anxiety, sleep, heartburn, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart problems, high blood pressure, allergies, irregular heartbeat, pain, blood thinning, asthma, migraines, mood or mental problems, cancer, prostate problems, immune system suppression, erectile dysfunction, urinary problems, or contraception [birth control]), multivitamin products, and herbal or dietary supplements may interact with Candoral, increasing the risk of serious side effects
- Nevirapine, rifabutin, or rifampin because they may decrease Candoral's effectiveness
- Astemizole, cisapride, dofetilide, erythromycin, pimozide,quinidine, or terfenadine because the risk of severe heart effects may be increased
- Midazolam or triazolam because their actions and the risk of their side effects may be increased by Candoral, resulting in increased risk of sedation and breathing difficulties
- Aldosterone blockers (eg, eplerenone), conivaptan, ergot alkaloids (eg, ergotamine), quinazolines (eg, alfuzosin) or 5-HT receptor agonists (eg, eletriptan) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Candoral.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Candoral may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Candoral may cause dizziness or drowsiness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Candoral with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Rarely, Candoral may cause a severe allergic reaction right after you take the first dose. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the eyelids, face, or lips; or rash or hives. If this happens, seek medical care at once.
- Use of alcohol with Candoral has rarely caused symptoms such as flushing, rash, swelling of the hands and feet, nausea, and headache. Talk with your doctor before drinking alcohol while taking Candoral.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Candoral only works against fungi; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold) or bacterial infections.
- Be sure to use Candoral for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The infection could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Diabetes patients - Candoral may increase the risk of low blood sugar from your diabetes medicine. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Candoral. To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Lab tests, including liver function tests, may be performed while you use Candoral. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Candoral should be used with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Candoral while you are pregnant. Candoral is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while using Candoral.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Nausea; stomach pain or upset.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloating; dark urine; decreased sexual ability; depression; irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; loss of appetite; numbness or tingling of the hands or feet; pale stools; severe or persistent nausea or stomach pain; swollen or tender abdomen; thoughts of suicide; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness or fatigue; vision changes; vomiting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.
Purchasing Candoral Online Tips
If you would like to buy a Candoral of a high quality and save you money, you can get in online in many online pharmacies.
Top 5 Candoral Reviews
Tammy77 // 2016-09-30
Overall rating: 4.0 stars (☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I've had a bit of difficulty finding Dry Idea in rollon (not the gel-goop), so buying 4 at a time means I won't have to look for Candoral again for a bit.
TPC // 2018-03-08
Overall rating: 2.0 stars (☆☆) of 5.0 possible
Candoral didn't make any difference at all to me. I was ready to be excited after all the reviews, but Candoral was a zero difference. I prefer arnica (non-homeopathic) lotion, personally.
Beansisme // 2015-01-18
Overall rating: 1.0 stars (☆) of 5.0 possible
These weren't as good as what I was hoping for. When you bend Candoral by placing Candoral into the back of your shoe, they take on Candoral crinkly texture which you can feel on your heel while walking. Really uncomfortable! Food Petals are better, even if they lack the raised area to 'catch' your heel and help prevent Candoral from coming out of your shoe.
Zack Daniels // 2017-03-02
Overall rating: 5.0 stars (☆☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I love Candoral product! My belly fat has been greatly reducing, my appetite has been suppressed without any nervous jitters, and I love Candoral it’s natural and made in the USA! Candoral just doesn't get much better! I highly recommend Candoral product!
zhezus // 2015-04-06
Overall rating: 5.0 stars (☆☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I didn't get Candoral when I bought Candoral but Candoral makes Candoral even nicer. Candoral is exactly what Candoral seems to be and I've got no complaints. Does the job just fine,
AuthorThis article is written by Melva Otis, MD
Author has 2505 publications on getyourmedsonline.org