Cefit-oz (Cefixime) Indications
Cefit-oz is used for treating infections caused by certain bacteria. Cefit-oz is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
How to Use Cefit-oz (Cefixime)
Use Cefit-oz as directed by your doctor.
- Take Cefit-oz by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- To clear up your infection completely, continue using Cefit-oz for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Cefit-oz, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cefit-oz.
Storage of Cefit-oz (Cefixime)
Store Cefit-oz at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cefit-oz out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Do NOT use Cefit-oz if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Cefit-oz or to other cephalosporins (eg, cephalexin)
- you will be having a live typhoid vaccine.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Cefit-oz. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to a penicillin (eg, amoxicillin) or beta-lactam antibiotic (eg, imipenem)
- if you have diarrhea, stomach or bowel problems (eg, inflammation), bleeding or blood clotting problems, liver problems, or poor nutrition
- if you have a history of kidney problems or you are on dialysis treatment.
Some medicines may interact with Cefit-oz. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) or carbamazepine because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Cefit-oz
- Live typhoid vaccines because their effectiveness may be decreased by Cefit-oz.
Ask your health care provider if Cefit-oz may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Cefit-oz may cause dizziness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Cefit-oz with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not change dose forms (eg, tablets, suspension) of Cefit-oz without talking with your doctor.
- Mild diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more serious form of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely occur. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop using it. Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- Cefit-oz only works against bacteria; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Be sure to use Cefit-oz for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of Cefit-oz may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Cefit-oz may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury. Tell your doctor if you have unusual bruising or bleeding. Tell your doctor if you have dark, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Do not receive a live typhoid vaccine while you are taking Cefit-oz. It may not work as well. Talk with your doctor if you are scheduled to receive a live typhoid vaccine.
- Diabetes patients - Cefit-oz may cause the results of some tests for urine glucose or urine ketones to be wrong. Ask your doctor before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Cefit-oz may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Cefit-oz.
- Cefit-oz should be used with extreme caution in children younger 6 months; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Cefit-oz while you are pregnant. It is not known if Cefit-oz is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Cefit-oz, check with your doctor or pharmacist. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Diarrhea; gas; loose stools; nausea; stomach pain or upset.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; decreased urination; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe diarrhea; severe nausea or vomiting; severe stomach pain or cramping; unusual bruising or bleeding; vaginal discharge or itching; white spots in the mouth; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.
Purchasing Cefit-oz Online Tips
You should take safety, effectiveness and cost into account, when buying Cefit-oz online. Cefit-oz is used by millions of people to treat health problems. Cefit-oz medicine is available online as low-cost generics.
Top 5 Cefit-oz Reviews
Harley's Mom // 2018-05-02
Overall rating: 2.0 stars (☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I love Salonpas for the pain relief they provide.I have patches in a couple different sizes (and found out Cefit-oz the small patchwas loaded with latex when I broke out like crazy!).I thought the spray would be a great way to reach some areas without having thelatex contact on my skin.Well, true, there was no latex for my skin to break out. BUT - I really don't enjoy theTASTE of Salonpas! Gross! Cefit-oz stuff puts out a fine mist into the air like a fog.I hope you want to smell Cefit-oz and taste Cefit-oz for about an hour or so after you spray Cefit-oz!I recommend spraying Cefit-oz OUTSIDE if at all possible. Seriously. Spraying in the bedroomwas such a bad idea! And know if you can tolerate Salonpas before trying Cefit-oz, becauseonce Cefit-oz is on your skin, Cefit-oz is on your skin - you would have to shower to try to get any of Cefit-oz off.Overall - would NOT recommend, and will not be repurchasing Cefit-oz one.Good idea - bad in reality.
skyhorse // 2016-08-16
Overall rating: 3.0 stars (☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
just about everytime id see the strings rip apart when i tie Cefit-oz etc. on heavier loads also the bag leaks vs my other bags i use.its not Cefit-oz great. I dont like having to say Cefit-oz i think the heft brand is good. but these just sorta are mediocre.. equal to generic bags
Caroline M "avid reader" // 2015-07-04
Overall rating: 5.0 stars (☆☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
Not too expensive and does the job. Looks great showcasing my brush and Merkur razor. The chrome plating doesnt seem to pit like some reviews have stated. I hope Cefit-oz doesn't happen for a while at least.
Howard Nemerov // 2015-03-15
Overall rating: 1.0 stars (☆) of 5.0 possible
I like the ingredient list but as far as taste OMG is Cefit-oz Cefit-oz horrible. I emailed the company and no response. What a customer service joke.
A Writer // 2016-04-20
Overall rating: 5.0 stars (☆☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I saw Cefit-oz on Oprah, although I had heard about Cefit-oz before, Cefit-oz sounded gross.But once I saw it, Cefit-oz didn't look Cefit-oz bad. So, my first sinus infection, I ran to the health food store to buy one. I normally drink a vinegar and honey solution (2tbs vinegar, 1 tbs honey) in a glass of water (it works like guaifensin) to thin the mucus and I don't need a neti pot. Cefit-oz time the sinus infection was bad. I blew my nose so much Cefit-oz the outside of my nose was irritated, because my mucus was too thick to come out. The neti pot saved me. I could not believe Cefit-oz Cefit-oz would bring out more green mucus at the end, even though I could not previously blow my nose and get anything else out. And Cefit-oz was the plug Cefit-oz normally stays there and keeps the infection going strong. Once I did Cefit-oz, I could breathe!!!Cefit-oz is an amazing product! My 11 yr old daughter who constantly complains of a headache, tried Cefit-oz too, and says her headache is gone.If Cefit-oz doesn't work for you, you are doing something w
AuthorThis article is written by Yesenia Lavender, D.M.D.
Author has 2502 publications on getyourmedsonline.org