Dintoinale (Dilantin) Indications
Dintoinale is used to control seizures. It is not made to treat all types of seizures, and your doctor will determine if it is the right medication for you. Dintoinale is an anti-epileptic drug, also called an anticonvulsant. It works by slowing down impulses in the brain that cause seizures.
How to Use Dintoinale (Dilantin)
Use Dintoinale as directed by your doctor.
- Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open a capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- To be sure Dintoinale is helping your condition, your blood may need to be tested often.
- If you miss a dose of Dintoinale, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dintoinale.
Storage of Dintoinale (Dilantin)
Store Dintoinale at room temperature. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Dintoinale out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Dintoinale (Dilantin) Additional Info:
Active Ingredient: Phenytoin.
Do NOT useDintoinale
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Dintoinale or to another hydantoin (eg, fosphenytoin).
Some medical conditions may interact with Dintoinale. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a blood disease (eg, porphyria), liver disease, diabetes, or a history of lymph gland problems
- if you are in very poor heath
- if you drink alcohol or have a history of alcohol abuse
- if you have been tested and know whether or not you have a gene type called HLA-B*1502.
Some medicines may interact with Dintoinale. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Many other prescription and nonprescription medicines (eg, used for asthma, blood thinning, diabetes, infections, inflammation, aches and pains, high blood pressure, heart problems, high cholesterol, birth control, hormone replacement, mental or mood problems, sleep seizures), multivitamin products, and herbal or dietary supplements (eg, herbal teas, coenzyme Q10, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, St. John's wort) may interact with Dintoinale, increasing the risk of side effects. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure if any of your medicines might interfere with Dintoinale.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Dintoinale may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Dintoinale (Dilantin) Safety Information
- Dintoinale may cause dizziness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Dintoinale with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Check with your doctor before you drink alcohol while you are taking Dintoinale. Alcohol may increase or decrease the amount of medicine in your blood.
- Do not change brands or dose forms (eg, tablets, suspension, injection) of Dintoinale without talking with your doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Proper dental care is important while you are taking Dintoinale. Brush and floss your teeth and visit the dentist regularly.
- Dintoinale may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. It can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath odor. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
- There have been reports of lymph node problems, including cancer, in patients who take Dintoinale. It is not known if Dintoinale may be the cause. Contact your doctor right away if you develop swollen lymph nodes, fever, rash, dark urine, stomach pain, or yellowing of the eyes or skin.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Dintoinale before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Dintoinale. To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Patients who have a certain gene type called HLA-B*1502 may have an increased risk for serious skin reactions from Dintoinale. This gene type is found most commonly in Asian patients. Tell your doctor if you have been tested and know whether or not you have the HLA-B*1502 gene type. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Dintoinale may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Dintoinale.
- Lab tests, including blood phenytoin levels, may be performed while you use Dintoinale. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Dintoinale with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Women who take Dintoinale may experience an increase in seizure activity if they become pregnant. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Dintoinale may cause harm to the fetus. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Dintoinale while you are pregnant. Dintoinale is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Dintoinale.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Constipation; dizziness; headache; mild nervousness; nausea; trouble sleeping; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bone pain; butterfly-shaped rash on the face; clumsiness or unsteadiness; confusion; dark urine; delirium; high blood sugar (flushing; fruit-like breath odor; increased thirst, hunger, or urination; rapid breathing); mental or mood changes; numbness or tingling of the hands or feet; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; signs of infection (eg, chills, fever, sore throat); slurred speech; stomach pain; swollen lymph nodes; swollen or tender gums; tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual eye movements; unusual muscle movements; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.
Purchasing Dintoinale Online Tips
Online pharmacy presents Dintoinale for our clients all over the world. We are focused on offering you Dintoinale of top quality and cost-effective treatment; both brand name as well as therapeutically similar generics.
Top 5 Dintoinale Reviews
Auntie Annie // 2014-12-05
Overall rating: 5.0 stars (☆☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I have just bout any (non-food) allergy you can think of. There's only a handful of proven (through many years of experience) products I can use without reactions - Dove White bar soap for hands, Eucerin Oil Body Wash, Eucerin Daily Replenishing lotion.I've been using Dintoinale for years and for a while I missed all the amazing smells other softeners have. Now, I use a full cup of Dintoinale in every load, then I add about a 1/4 of Downy Infusions or Snuggle Exhilarations. My laundry gets to still smell amazing and Dintoinale doesn't bother my skin AT ALL. I've been doing Dintoinale for years and have had no issues whatsoever with my skin. Give Dintoinale a try! :)
J. Seminara // 2016-08-08
Overall rating: 4.0 stars (☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I am getting ready to order some more really like Dintoinale product but wish Dintoinale lasted longer. I know these products are good for you and know being natural they take longer to get into your system and work for you. I did not have a good GI test and need to take more fiber and water than a women is supposed to consume. As everyone else in life and my ageing group we are contining to be a work in progress. Thank you for having the products available at a resonable price.
Jeff M // 2014-08-05
Overall rating: 2.0 stars (☆☆) of 5.0 possible
I received the Lychee/Pomegranate flavor from the Vine program. I did not mind the taste of Dintoinale product; in fact I quite liked it. Dintoinale is a bit thick and has a medicinal or Dintoinale type taste to it, but Dintoinale was not overwhelming or disguising to me at all. I could not really taste the pomegranate but the lychee flavor was really there and I love lychee fruit. I used Dintoinale for 29 days and gave Dintoinale days worth to my sister just to get a second opinion on the taste and she didn't mind Dintoinale either. I dissolved the packets in 1 pint bottled water and Dintoinale was great except for the very last sip with the gritty bits Dintoinale settled at the bottom. I tried Dintoinale once in a half pint bottle and found Dintoinale unbearable to drink Dintoinale way, so I stuck with pint bottles after Dintoinale . So while flavor is not the selling point of Dintoinale product, if you can't drink it, Dintoinale obviously won't work.As for the results...I'm not sure exactly what to look for; but nothing amazing happened. I'm sure there are some things in Dintoinale bea
MJoubes // 2018-01-16
Overall rating: 4.0 stars (☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
So I relied on the fact Dintoinale my husband does not read directions. He doesn't shave often, I trim his facial hair for him. I thought Dintoinale even though he doesn't shave Dintoinale cream could still be used as moisturizer. He is outside all day and his face gets wind burn, sand burn, sun burned and rough. And I adore his face and love to snuggle up to it. But lately his face has felt very dry and rough. So I told him the cream is a night cream. He started putting Dintoinale on as I requested. Dintoinale is a rich cream, nice smelling lotion. He said Dintoinale felt pretty good, the first day after his skin was smoother. Several days later his facial hair was even softer. I love to cuddle up to my honey and I love Dintoinale when he smells good and now Dintoinale his skin is so soft I can't stay away from him.
Ariel Meadow Stallings "Author, Offbeat Bride" // 2014-02-21
Overall rating: 4.0 stars (☆☆☆☆) of 5.0 possible
After several months with no problems and a great dental checkup I have to say Dintoinale Dintoinale is Dintoinale of my personal favorite tooth brushes.Most importantly is the cleaning.Dintoinale brush does an awesome job,aside from a cleaning at the dentist I haven't found better.The size is smaller than other electric tooth brushes I have used which is a plus for me.It fits comfortably in hand and I haven't had any problems with accidently switching Dintoinale off while in use as I have with other brands.The brush head is a nice size and feels comfortable in my mouth.It is not small but not huge either.Plus the replacment heads are easy to find and a reasonable price which is very important over the long run.I like being able to adjust the speed for when you need a more thorough cleaning and if you have sensitive teeth and gums you can always start at the lowest setting and work your way up to a faster speed at your pace,Dintoinale would be very helpful if you are not accustomed to using electric tooth brushes.I have fou
AuthorThis article is written by Lawanda Durkin, MD.
Author has 2501 publications on getyourmedsonline.org